Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year!

Dave and I had a great two-part new year's celebration!
Part One: New year's eve day Dave had a 3 gun match shooting competition.  Dave is a gun nut.  This was the first formal (non-army) shooting competition so it was mostly just for fun but I wouldn't be surprised to see more to come.   I was planning on putting some video and photos up but the computer that they are on wont connect to the internet (grrrr).

Part Two: New year's eve night at Grandma K's house.  Yes that is right, I bring in the new year with my family.  It's a great family tradition to burn a Christmas tree in my grandmother's back yard.  We pick a dry tree and garnish it with slightly illegal fireworks that go a flyin' when the tree is burning.  It use to be no big deal back in the day when my grandma's house was the only one for a few hundred yards in all directions.  However, now she has neighbors that are quite close to the chaos they haven't slowed us down yet, excluding the year one of them called to police on us.  Praise to the family traditions that keep us all close and that are a lot of fun too.      
Haha, oh this picture warms my soul.

Ever since the New Years Eve that my cousin and I blew up the first gingerbread house on my mother's dining room table it's also turned into a tradition.  We have decided to take the mess outside since then but it is still something that we look forward to starting with the construction of the houses a few weeks before Christmas.  I recommend this as a technique to help let go of the Christmas decor till next year, that's my kind of therapy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment