Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's time to set some goals

I am not the new years resolution type but I do believe in goal setting, tracking, and reaching.  I know it's just about the same thing other than I like to stick to shorter-term goals.  I am sticking my goals on the blog because  I know I will be able to find them when the achievement date rolls around and there is the whole internet world out there that can hold me to them (who am I trying to kid, I know just about nobody will see, read, care, or hold me to any of them but I can convince myself otherwise....hopefully).  Lets do this:
  1. Read the whole Book of Mormon cover to cover
  2. Finally pass Math 1050
  3. Save money (I have to talk over the amount with Mr. Larsen)
  4. Run a 5k in under 23 minutes
  5. Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours  
  6. Graduate from aerial fabric level 3 and move on to level 4 (yea for learning drops!) This is going to require some serious muscle building. 
  7. Stop being a baby about lead climbing and lets say.... lead a 5.10b no a 5.10c (Oh, I just climbed my first 5.11a top rope! Big deal to me, little deal to others and that is a-ok.) 
  8. TRY (I get to define that word in this application) a mountain bike race
  9. I want to be involved in more service projects and to make that measurable lets say 100 hours worth
I think that will do it.  Now, all of these goals are for a 6 month time block ending on July7 (our wedding anniversary).  Also, if I think of some that I have forgotten to include I will add them but there is no changing the ones already posted allowed.  
I am going to enlist da hubby to write on the blog as well and I think that his list of goals is a great way to start him off.  I'll have to see if he is up for it.....Stay tuned. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Kimber, I will hold you to reading the entire Book of Mormon, and passing math 1050 if you hold me to reading the entire Book of Mormon, and passing Math 1010 (yes they told me this morning that I didn't pass......)

    ReplyDelete